paper playing


So over the years when I saw  craft kit that I felt might be fun I picked it up. This was on of these.


You start with these half round olds


Then you either use round circles of paper or glue that is colored and has glitter

For the paper one you layer them around the mold

Until you have covered it

for the glitter glue ones you just keep painting on thick layers for the glue

the paper one need several coats of modge podge painted on them after the paper is all one

As they dry it goes clear and you apply another coat until you have done it 4 or 5 times


you know the glitter is dry when it goes shiny instead of milky

These are right after I put the last coat of modge podge on

After they dry you need to let them "cure" on the molds for a week or so, then you carefully remove them from the mold. I have yet to trim the extra modge podge off 

These are another set I did using Christmas paper scraps I had from making Christmas card last year. I just used a 1inch circle punch to cut the scraps and followed the above process

Then after they cured I put a second layer on the inside to cover the white areas

This is as I was putting the second layer on

This is before the modge podge dried, but after I had all of the second layers on. 
I will update what I do with them as I decide how I am going to arrange them.
They are still "curing" right now, but it will be interesting to see how strong they are and what they look like when I am done!






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trees for the Festival

Retreat!

frosted