repaint

So earlier this year for my Birthday I went to one of those ceramic painting storing and sat down and painted these two pieces, they did not come out like i had hoped, so I decided unless I was going to use the ceramics for food items, I will probably not do it again, it was so different from when I had my studio and knew all my paints and what they did, also the cost to do multiple firings to get the effects I would have like is fairly expensive.

Here are the to bisque pieces I started with


 They were not pour in the Staes I found out after I chose them.


They came out okay, but not up to my usual standard

I then decided to try a different route and went to a store down in the valley where the owner pours and cleaner her own stock

This was a little cupid peace I did for valentines time
First I put a set of black on most of the piece


Then I stared to add color by dry brushing the grass


Then I added some dark brown to the bear

Next I stared to lighten areas to bring in more definition 

Then I stared of the eyes and other non fur parts on the bear

Next I added some brighter colors in red and pink

I then put a pearlized clear coat on the pinks and reds


Then came the white pearl wings

And finally he made it out tp my table to decorate the holiday.
I was much more pleased with this guy than the ones I did in the shop!
I will continue  to do some more pieces for fun and  that as the year goes on!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trees for the Festival

Retreat!

frosted