Lasagna

This is an easy to make ahead and in quantities dish.
Lasagna
First I assemble my toppings


And noodles. I use the oven ready noodles as they are easier and less messy


Then I chop up my vegetables


And add them to the pan with my meat. In this set, I have onions, peppers, zucchini, and hamburger


I then fry them together until hamburger is well cooked and mixed with the cooked vegetables


Next I start by putting a thin layer of sauce on the bottom top the sauce of my baking dish. 
  Then put a noodle on that sauce and spreading another generous bit of sauce on top of the noodle.
Step 1

Next I spread cottage cheese on top of the sauce and mix it together, spreading it as evenly as I can over the noodle.
Step 2

Now I sprinkle a scoop of my cooked meat and vegetable mixture on top.
Step 3

Then comes the cheese. I usually use a mixture shredded Italian blend and Colby Jack
Step 4

then you cover with another noodle
Step 5

And then do steps 1-5 again two more times


On this top layer I just spread sauce


And sprinkle on more cheese


then I put my lids on and it is ready for the freezer.


When you go to cook it, replace plastic lids (if you have them on) with aluminum fold.
I spray Pam on the side of the foil I am putting on the lasagna to help keep the cheese from sticking.


If the lasagna is frozen, place in a cool oven and set oven on 350 degrees and cook for an hour to 1/12 hours. Check to be sure noodles are soft and hot.
If the lasagna is thawed put into a heated 350 degrees and cook for about 40 minutes, then check to be sure noodles are soft and hot.


If you have seen any of my other recipe blogs, then you know that I like to make multiples of a dish and freeze all but the one I am eating that night. It gives me several meals in my freezer for those busy days when I don't have the time to pre everything. Also I can make several meals in just a little more time than it takes to make the one. I am also a fan of pyrex pans with lids. They are reusable,  easy to stack in my freezer section of my refrigerator, and work will to store and bake in.






























Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trees for the Festival

Baked Sandwiches

frosted