sort, think, rethink, and decide

I am a person of great many interest and talents. This is good and it is bad. I have a wide variety of interests in every aspect in my life, including my art and crafting. I have been self employed most of my life and my husband  and I have well enough to be able to indulge some of our passions and not always have to make money at them all. This is a luxury for someone who grew up in a home where money never seemed to cover everything needed or wanted, so I ended up working to pay for some of the clothes and such  I wanted in my early teens.
My first love was cooking and sewing. These i have kept up to various degrees over the years. I worked in restaurants cooking catering, wedding planning,  and as a private tailor in high school and college to pay my way. After I got married, I designed and sewed all of my families clothes for many years. I also did cake decorating for people. Then when we got more established I got certified as a porcelain and ceramic painting teacher and had a shop in my garage where I pour ceramic for groups and schools as well as had classes in my home and in some schools. Then as my oldest  kids got  junior and senior high school and spent several year designing  and creating costumes for community theater, and the school plays. I also cooked some truly interesting meals during this time. how to host a murder parties for my oldest two kids and there friends.  Including a halloween party every year after my older kids quite trick or tricking. At one time we even had annual holiday open house dinner in our home at which I cooked for and feed several hundred people.
I also kept my hand in the wedding planning aspect of my interest, doing over a dozen weddings and receptions for friends and family. Then as my kids got old and my youngest hit the teen year, I branch off into jewelry and stain glass.  We moved about 13 years ago into a smaller house and my poor husband who does not like crowds, got me to stop throwing huge dinners and parties inner home.
That is when I got into crafting more in addition to my jewelry. I would see crafting projects and because I was doing well at my job, I would pick up all the supplies, just so I would have them when I was ready to do them.  This led to a lot of things I never got two. The bad part of many interests!
We moved again this past spring and I  sold or gave away a huge amount of supplies. Soap making, candle making, stain glass, paper crafting extras, jewelry extra's and much more. After taking almost 9 months to settle into my new house, I am again facing the question of just what do I want to do with  my art and crafting. I am now totally retired except for my healthy lifestyle blog (did I mention that I also got certified as a personal trainer and nutrition coach and went to school again  to become I licensed and national certified massage therapist) and figuring out which way to direct my life now.
As you can see, I have a widely varied interest set. I will not be reviving my website as I don't plan on doing shows or selling a huge amount of stuff as I find I want to explore and create one of a kind things and they take time.
Right now I am weaving  a shawl on a continue weave loom. This is the second one I have done.
I will be using this blog to show what I am working on now and maybe show some of the things I have done in the past as I grew, and explored arts and crafts

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trees for the Festival

Baked Sandwiches

Lasagna