Showering Twins

Showering soon to be born twins and their mommy with gifts, fun and friends. I had the pleasure of cohosting a baby shower for a young friends who is having twins. I got to brush up my party planning skills and also got to make some fun things to decorate and serve for refreshments. Here is how it went:
First thing included a while searching amazon for the things I thought I could use to put together a fun shower.

 I found some cute bottle party favours and got some candy to fill them with. since she is have a girl and a boy this meant blue and pink.
 Here are the finished party favours
 Then I raided the extra new bath and beauty product I had in my cupboard and got baby gift bags for prizes for the games.
 Then I went to making diaper cakes for the table
They were as fun as the other times I had done them. about 75 diapers per cake.
I like them as they are a cute decoration and then you can still use all the diaper for the new babies.
 I finished the little girls cake first
 Then the blue one for the little boy
 Once at the place the shower was held at, I needed to get the decoration set up.
 I had a bunch of helper who were so good at doing what I instructed.  The favors were put around the diaper cakes. I was a little later getting there that day than planned as we had a big snowstorm going on and the driving took 2 hours plus instead of about an hour usually.
 The table was devoted to a baby's world. The larger teddy bear's and blankets ended up as a focal point for the gift area.
 I go to try several new recipes and presentation ideas with the food 
 As I am also writing a health blog, I decided to try to have several things that were healthy, not just sweeties (we had a few of those too)
 This veggie and cheese hedgehog was a lot of fun to crete
 As was these two veggie trays with dip

 Here are the sweet part of the treats along with some chocolates and cookie Matt brought.
 I went with a fruit garden here

 Cheese and cracker rounded out the setting
 For drinks we had fruit infused water
All in all, I had a fun time doing this and loved getting to do something again. The last real party I did was over a year ago at the masque ball.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Retreat!

Trees for the Festival

frosted