stitching

I am working on a couple of needlepoints projects
The one I am going to mention today is Hawaiian style quilting. Love the fabrics 
Babs and I went to a class a week ago yesterday

First you cut and pin the pattern on the base square

Then you baste the upper pattern piece to the base piece

Then you use a small (1/8) inch hand stitch to appliqué  the pattern to the base fabric and hopefully you have gotten the fabric turned under so it will not ravel. 

after a week of working on it fairly often I have finished getting the top patterned piece appliquéd on to the yellow. Next I must decide if it will be a pillow or just a wall hanging type of thing.

I still have to take the basting out and then do the quilting. I have decided to wait until I get home to quilt it. I am not sure if I will use a large hoop or do it totally free hand like the original Hawaiian ones were done. I will keep people informed as I work on it. 
I am still  working on a hand embroidered baby quilt for my youngest grandson. Will do a post on it shortly.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trees for the Festival

Baked Sandwiches

Lasagna