Winding Up WRIR2016

In Most respects I would judge WRIR 2016 a success.
Yes we were a small intimate group, but for the first year that was wonderful. We had a real chance to get to know each other and had a lot of fun. I have  gotten a lot of ideas and know a few things that I would do differently if we hold one in 2017. I still have to get a survey out, but I am waiting on that as I recover from an illness I picked up while in Florida.

The time we were all able to spend together was fantastic and I have several new writers to read and I hope that I can count as friends. I want to give a thanks to Holly, Julie, Karl, Randy, Mandy and Linda for their help. Also to Naralle for all she did. I count the weekend as a success.


One thing I would differently change is the hotel we were at. The location I loved just a short walk from Disney Springs and I was impressed with the politeness and helpfulness of the front desk. The event staff that served the actual event were also great. The food was very well done, except for one instance which was the dessert buffet, it was rather sad and total not enough for the event.  they did  chocolate dipped strawberries and the other dessert consisted of pretzels, graham crackers, and marshmallows dipped in chocolate, for $18 dollars a head for a party of 50 that seemed rather disappointing to me. Since we ordered and paid for dessert buffet for 50 and we only had about 40 or less for that , it was sad that not every one got a strawberry as they did not have enough. My really frustration with the hotel came with the sales staff that we contracted with for the event. They seemed to not be very helpful, then keep nickel and dime-ing us to death. I got another email today saying that we still owe them for more. After I spent a good deal of time on Jan 25th going over all the bills with them and paying more to finish the event. I was assured that we had filled all of our contract and we were totally done. I have sent an email back explaining this and hope that will be the ending, but the whole process of working with them has not left a good taste in my mouth. I would not recommend the Holiday Inn at Disney Springs for an event.

Thanks for listening to this rant on them, I am so happy with most of the people who came to the event. Thanks to the authors, presenter, the helpers and the great readers who attended. You were all wonderful and with luck I will see you again soon.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trees for the Festival

Baked Sandwiches

frosted