Feathers in the Hair

Another fun thing I have been doing is creating feather barrettes and hair pins. These are some of my first inspirations.
Many of the bobby pins were feathers and feather flowers with small crystals 

Others had cloth flowers at the end

I used a lot of peacock feathers as the are colorful and look exotic


I placed a small  antique gold finished rode on this pin


This one is far more rounded in shape and has an accent piece of a stamped brass leaf

Another rounded pin with a rose colored rose center

I used some flower zippers in the above and below barrettes



This one has a cluster of small metal balls with fluffy ostrich feathers and black and white turkey feathers 
Guinea feathers and a tan silk flower make up this small hair piece

This one is a much more two dimensional design with a tighter looks and less fluff


This colorful one has dyed ostrich in bright colors to go with the peacock feather and zipper flower

This one is small and made to look very sleek and formal

A simpler one with a little teal accent and black


 These two are both done in brown and natural tone with silk flowers




Black silk flower anchor these designs with peacock feather helping to give then a pop


This one is all about fluff and volume, the small silver tone rose in the center is surrounded by soft feathers in white and burgundy and is over six inches in diameter

I found that I hard fun playing with all the feathers and accents used to create these pieces. I am still finding little pieces of feathers everywhere around my work area. I keep thinking I have them all and poof there is another piece.
I guess I did have them in a large area. the last thing made was a set of head band. I will include a couple of pictures just to give you an example.


See you all again soon, off to do a little cleaning:(






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trees for the Festival

Lasagna

Baked Sandwiches