Anime Expo Wrap Up

As I am taking a afternoon break at one of my happy places, Disneyland, I thought I would do a recap of my time at anime expo.

It was a good time and I enjoyed myself a lot. Sales were good enough that I have reserved my space for next year. I also meet a lot of fun people. Both other artist and the attendees, and am think I may need a little bit more costuming for next year. As I develop those ideas I will post updates.

I found that even though I did not have fan art, I was still well received and sold most of what I had with me. The "name your own price" section was a big hit. When I get home I will have to see if I broke even on it or not. Most people tried to pay a fair price. I did have some that paid $1 for the things they choose, which was below material cost, but in general most people were fair and did not try to cheat me. I only had one group I had to refuse to sell stuff to as they wanted 20 things at $1 each and most of the things were sterling silver. I just could not afford to take that much of a loss.

I do have several ideas for new product, including some plush, if I can take the images in my head and turn them 3D. I also think I will be wanting to come up with some costumes next year. Maybe not like most of the others there, but something my own style.

Here are a few of the costumes I saw:



All in all a fun time. I have a few blogs posts, in my mind, so keep tune!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trees for the Festival

Lasagna

Baked Sandwiches