Why oh Why

Seriously people, I have had a problem! As a self employed person, my spare money over many year has gone into buying crafting things that I thought might be fun some day. The last couple of decades that amount has been embarrassingly large. I gave away thousand plus dollars of supplies when we moved last year, now nine months + later I look at the stuff I hauled here and am still puzzling over why I moved so much stuff. At least it went from two small rooms to one walking closet! sigh!

An example is I thought when I retired I would I would do scrapbooking and such, so I went out an got everything i could think of that I might need.
A tad bit overboard, right!
This just one area in which I saw something that I thought might be fun and totally went over board with getting supplies for. Much of it I have never used and none of it have I used since I moved.

Now, for several years I was making jewelry and doing some shows with it. I did okay, but got into the cycle of putting together fast pieces to sell and not doing the one of a kind pieces that I really love. All those years, I would pick of and order jewels, pearls, silver, and gold filled supplies  that I might need to have for when I finally had time to make all those ideas I had. So after getting rid of the fast jewelry supplies, I now have bins and bins of supplies for projects, I now have very little desire to create.





Sad huh! I am trying to figure out which ones I still want to do. I also finally figured out that growing up in a family with very tight finances, left me with a fear that if I didn't get the supplies when I say an interesting project, that maybe I could not afford to get them later. Also I had started to use shopping and eating to cope with stress in my lives. So now that I am finally dealing with my stress habits, I have all this stuff that I have little or no desire to do anymore. 
Any ideas on what I should do with it? I am open to suggestions as now it just  bothers me to see all this stuff just sitting around. Weird I know, but that is how it goes for me.

Wish me luck on figuring what I am going to keep and what I will be getting rid of.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

frosted

Anime Expo Day Two

anime expo 2013