Traveling Mates

Meet my new traveling friends that have joined my husband and myself on this extended trip.
From Left to Right they are Wim (Whistler Ivan Moose),
Tip (Toronto International Panda), and Babs (Blackcomb Angelina Bear).
They joined us in parts of Canada and decided to stay with me and help me out as my advisors on all things creative and fun. They claim that they are duel citizens now!
We have started on a hand embroidery project. We are doing squares for a baby quilt. As I had none of my supplies along we have to find a JoAnns and do a little shopping, but that done we got started 

We picked a size, taped the edges to keep it from unraveling and tried it in the hoop we got.

Then it was time to put a design on. Our first square will be a baby giraffe

Now we have got it hooped, hopefully I will get some time soon to actually start embroidering it.

While we were in New York City we also found some fun cloth at the fabric district. so much stuff it was hard to pick what to get. I contented myself with just a couple of pieces. The guys think I should make them some clothes. I am not sure it will happen until I get back home though as I don't have a sewing machine with me and not sure if I want to do them all by hand, but here are the picks from that day shopping



The bottom two are very fun silks.
I have been thinking up a lot of funky jewelry ideas. I amy have to make another stop at a hobby lobby or something, but first I must work on my giraffe. 
I am having fun bouncing ideas off these three guys, they are so accepting and don't mind a bit as I work through my ideas out loud. 
I will keep you all posted on my projects and put in a couple of photo's of my friends as we do things.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trees for the Festival

Baked Sandwiches

Lasagna