Butterflys and leaves and other things

I love crafts, most any kind of crafts, and there in is my problem some days.
I am like a butterfly who flits from craft to craft and not specializing in any one craft or area of crafts.
I love to
 Cooking and Baking
Sewing
Embroidering
Planning and have wonderful parties
Ceramics (freeform and molded)
Resin
Jewelry making
Quilting
Paper crafts
Sculpting 
Stain Glass
Painting and Drawing
and on and on
In most cases I am pretty good to very good at them as I have not specialized I am good at many things, but not know (except by a select few) for any. This sometimes causes a quite a problem for me.
The below are a series of resin castings I have done and they will be the start of a new project set for me. I will show you all once I have them in the final stages and as I want them. Another flight of fancy.







Yet as the butterfly that I am, I am flitting to another idea I have been mulling over for the past couple of month. I am planning a retreat for next summer in Park City, Utah. I will be titled, Summer Magic and be held over Summer Solstice (Thursday evening, June19 to Sunday June 22) . I am down to the committing stage for the rooms to hold it in. It would be a thursday evening, friday, saturday, and extra's on sunday if the people attending would be interested. It will center on relaxing and crafting. I am planning for, at least, 4 classes. One will be a jewelry project, one will be leather project, I am hoping Karla will do another class, and one will be a card making class. There may also be another class, but that will depend on what people want. I am also going to include lunch on Friday and Saturday. I think I have a pretty good rate for the rooms worked out and hope to add more special things. I am hoping several of the people I have meet and their friends will be coming to join us.
More detail to follow in the next couple of month.

I also am hoping to have my website up and running by mid november. The delay laying solely at my door as I am spending so much time sight seeing and exploring, that I have had little time to really work on it. This is an awesome trip though!



Comments

  1. Oh those are beautiful!
    And I fully understand your dilemma. I think artistic people like ourselves often find it hard to stick with just one artform. They are all so pretty and amazing.
    I think you are very talented at pretty much everything you do! I always love seeing what you come up with.
    I miss you lots! Look forward to seeing you, although don't let the time go too fast and keep enjoying your trip! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Trees for the Festival

Baked Sandwiches

frosted