cleaning up

One of the many hobbies I have taken up is creating bath products. My first attempts are in the area of soap making. I love the idea of fun soaps and bath products.

I was able to find some fun soap molds. My favorite among them are the celtic designs. I am not sure why, but they have always appealed to me.

I made two types of soaps. Both were  glycerin based and the only real differences were the scents and the coloring.  I had both transparent and opaque colorings. I used essential oils for the scents. I did citrus for the yellow, lilac for the purple, evergreen for the green, and rose for the pink.

I had some interesting effects on the transparent bars. Most of them got clouded and gave me a half and half type effect. This was not in my plan for them and I am still not sure why some of them did this. I am thinking it might have been a problem with some contaminates on the mold? I am not sure but will try again later to test this theory. They came out kind interesting anyway.

These are the ones that I feel came out the best. The yellow were the only transparent one I did this time. I think I will have to try another set soon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trees for the Festival

Baked Sandwiches

frosted