Baked Sandwiches

Baked Meat and Cheese Sandwiches


I started with two loaf of french bread as I wanted to make enough to freeze some for later and I have found that it only takes a few minutes more to do multiple batches so I can freeze some for a later date.


I sliced the bread in half lengthwise


Then in a mixing bowl I put one 8oz package of softened cream cheese 


and 8 oz of softened butter


I then cream it well until it is all mixed together and smooth


Them comes the poppy seed


I add 2 T of poppy seed


And them cream it again until the poppy seeds are evenly mixed in the butter/cream cheese mixture



I divide the mixture in 4 and spread it on the halves of french bread.


Now you start to layer the meat and cheese.
I started with ham lunch meat. you only layer on the bottom halves of the loafs


then layered Colby Jack Cheese


Then I placed sliced lunch meat turkey


Then a layer of Swiss cheese


Final meat I used was lunch meat chicken


 Which I  covered  with slice of mozzarella  cheese


Then I put the top half of the loaf on


I then sliced the loaves into three sections, as that is enough for my husband and I for one meal


I wrapped each section in aluminum fold. The ones for the freezer, I also put into a ziplock freezer bag.

To cook preheat the oven to 350 degrees
When oven is up to 350 degrees I put the foil wrap sandwich in .
If it is thawed it should cook in about 20-30 minutes.
If frozen it should take 60-70 minutes

I have also meat these with cooked ground sausage that has been cooked loose meat style. Basically I use three kinds of meat and three kinds of cheese with the above spread on the bread. Hope you enjoy it.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trees for the Festival

Retreat!