German Pancakes

Grandma Nathan's German Pancakes

A few notes before I begin; First I have always know these as german pancakes, but a friend of mine told me he knew them as Swedish. 
Second as this recipe was never written down and I learned to make them by sight, I have gone back and created this recipe, hopefully faithfully to what I was taught hands on. This recipe is for one servings. It can multiplied easily for more people.

 In a 2 quart mixing bowl put one egg and 1/4 cup milk
beat together until mixed


add 1/2 teaspoon vanilla 


add 2 T sugar


mix well

 Add 1/2 cup flour

mix well, the consistency should be of a thin paste


add ice cold water until it is the consistency of milk


the mixture should well blended and have airbubbles

I spray pam on my griddle, but they can also be cooked in a fry pan on medium heat


When they are ready to flip the should no longer be glossy

When flipped they should be lightly browned

Check to see if underside is done, by using a spatula to lift slightly and check to see if bottom is lightly brown

Then you have finished pancakes. We top  them with butter and maple syrup, fruit and whipped cream or am egg

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trees for the Festival

Lasagna

Baked Sandwiches