Let Them Eat Cake

Since I have been on a food kick the last couple of times, I thought I would bring you one of my hobbies I took up 39 years ago when I was first married. As we were very financially challenged at the time, being students, I took up cake decorating to make some fun things for not very much money.
Dale Bought this mold and half a dozen tips for me on my birthday the first year we were married. It was very sweet because he worked extra tutoring sessions to get it for me.
I still have the mold and it is still one of my favorites, even though it is a huge amount of works

But it can be used in so many ways


This is one I did probably 20 years after first getting this mold.

This was done for a friends graduation
While this one was done for our accountant at tax time

I did decorated cakes for my children 

Some were simpler 

Some more three dimensional like the bear

  Some quick just using whatever I had on hand

A lot of the ones for early birthdays were just fun and ones I felt the kids would have fun seeing

As my kids grew so it some of the ideas for creating cakes
 Including multi layered carousels 

 And then other times it was just a quick one with toy props (which of course my granddaughter got to keep)
Another time it was a set of cupcakes
Or a storybook

for a long time, when I could afford them, I got some molds and had fun making holiday cakes for parties
Since we went to a lot of Christmas parties and I love the holidays, I made a lot of cakes for Christmas

And Halloween

 Each year I tried to make a different one

Even Valentines and easter we got cakes I made for the holiday

Spring brought bugs and butterfly cupcakes to our house
And soetimes just because I would do a cake
This was my girls next favorite, just second to the teddy bear
The kids loved it when I would use candy to decorate
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trees for the Festival

Retreat!

frosted